Friday 21 December 2012

Signs; For Poetic Inspiration

It was already ten minutes past my appointment, and the magazines did little to soothe my bordem. I started my usual habit of reading signs. Not the spiritual sort (though I do read my stars) but anything with a bit of text, such as, "Wet-Paint," information on general check-ups, jabs, and one particularity interesting one, "Patient Confidentiality." It got me thinking, and soon I was off on a random poetic tangent about zombies waiting for their health care...

Patient confidentiality
We promise we won’t tell
Even if your leg falls off
And freezes over hell

For equal rights the zombies have
To place a check-up call
It’s not as if chronic fatigue
Has never struck us all

They wait in line to place their vote
And choose the wiser bet
It must be all the brains they eat
To pass their IQ tests

For when the world does shortly end
They’ll be left standing tall
Embracing life in grotesque haste
Much stronger than us all

No comments:

Post a Comment